- Eyes should be donated within 6 to 8 hrs of death
- Dial the nearest Eye Bank (1919) within 6 hours of death
- Switch off the fans and keep the air conditioner or cooler on
- Raise the head with the help of a pillow
- Place wet cotton swab on closed eyes
- There is no disfigurement of the face of the donor
- After removal, the eyes are analysed, processed at the eye bank and then cornea is transplanted within 96 hours
- Eye banks come under Human Organ Transplantation Act, and are given registration after inspection by competent authorities. Donated eyes cannot be brought or sold as it is a crime under the act
Eye Bank Association of India (EBAI ), a national organization acting as a resource centre for all eye banks and organizations involved in the eye donation movement. ARK Infosolutions is proud to be a member of Eye Bank Association of India and help strengthen the eye donation movement.
Celebrities like Amitabh Bachchan & Jaya Bachchan, Aishwarya Rai, Zakir Hussain, Pandit Hari Prasad Chourasia, Tridandi Chinna Jeer Swamijee, Akkineni Nageswara Rao, Chiranjeevi, Rajinikanth and many more have endorsed eye donation. International Organisations like ORBIS, Lions, Rotary etc, have supported many of EBAI activities.